It is both easy and difficult to get over unhealthy habits. It totally depends from person-to-person, culture-to-culture, and family-to-family.
Unhealthy: Drinking lots of soda, fruit juices, or other sugary drinks.
- Drink lot of plain or flavored water.
- Make Fruit juices 1:1 ratio (1 part juice and 1 part water). This way you will not compromise the taste but will end up with less calories and sugar from these juices. If possible make you own fresh juice.
- You may also switch to diet soda instead of regular soda, but keep sodas to be occasional don’t replace water with this. Plain water intake is very important. Watch out for excessive sodium in sodas.
Unhealthy: Eating lots of processed foods, which may include chips, cookies, super salty, and super sugary snacks.
- Snack on fresh vegetables and fruits
- Get fat free, low fat, whole wheat, or baked snacks and savories. For example: fat free potato chips, baked chips and cheetos, or baked pita chips.
- Use fat free dressings.
- Check on sodium levels for processed foods. Read the labels
- Make your own dips and hummus. Try following:
- Spicy Hummus (3 pt)
- Sweet & Sour Peanut Dipping Sauce (2 pt)
- Sweet Garlic Spinach Dip (1 pt)
- Tomato, Cucumber, & Avocado Salsa (1 pt)
Unhealthy: Watching too much TV, playing video games, or working on computer, in short being couch potato.
- Reduce your watching, playing, or working times.
- Get outdoors, go for a walk or play in a park with your kids or your pets.
- Do strengthening/toning exercises during breaks in shows. Check out “Toning exercises”
Unhealthy: Eating large portions, taking second or third serving of high fatty foods.
- Watch your portions. Portion control is key to your weight loss, by eating small you are consuming less calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.
- You may eat small 6 meals during the day, instead of 3 big meals.
- Take second or third serving of fresh vegetables, fruits, and healthy foods instead of fatty or high calorie or high carb food.
Please let me know how you feel about this article, by leaving me your valuable comments.