Serving size: 1 Cup
4 Cups Carrots (diced)
1 Cup Celery (diced)
1/2 Cup Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Cup Onions (sliced)
2 Cup Water
4 Cups Fat Free Milk
4 Cloves Garlic (smashed)
3 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Rosemary
Salt to taste
Few Sprigs of Parsley (for garnish)
- In a hot pot, put olive oil, onions, and smashed garlic. Sauté until soft for about couple minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms, oregano, rosemary, and salt to taste. Add a cup of water and let it simmer on slow heat until tender. Once done, cover and let it cool.
- Pour the vegetables and a cup of water in the blender and puree on high until smooth. Makes about 6 cups.
- Pour it into the pot and add milk. Heat it up until boiling.
- Garnish with Parsley and crushed black pepper. Server hot.
- Used Fat free milk instead of Cream
Using milk instead of cream cuts lot of fat but still keep the taste.
- Used blend of spices to give the soup great aroma
Sauté the vegetables in the morning/afternoon for soup for dinner. This will give vegetables ample time to cool down while covered, which makes the vegetables more tender and smooth.
You can also create a batch of soup and freeze it before adding milk. Use it as needed and add milk appropriately.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.