Serving size: 1/2 Cup
1 Pack Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Watermelon Radish (julienne)
1/4 Cup peas (thawed)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Medium Onion (finally chopped)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 Inch Ginger (minced)
3.5 Ounce Nonfat Dry milk
2 1/2 Cups of Water
1 Tbsp Cilantro (finally chopped)
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Cumin seeds or powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Mango Powder
1/8 tsp Chili Powder
Salt to taste
- In a hot pan with lid, add oil and cumin seeds.
- Once seeds started to crackle, add garlic, onion, and ginger. Sauté until onions are transparent or brown.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until they leave water and started to caramelize.
- Add peas and watermelon radish and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato paste, all dry spices, and water. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add dry milk and sugar and let it simmer covered for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot over rice or couscous.
One can substitute dry spices with curry powder.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.