Serving size: 1 Cup
16 oz Firm Tofu (1” cubes)
1/2 cup dry milk
2 1/2 Cups water.
1/2 Cup Bell peppers (cut in strips - tricolor)
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Tomato Ketchup
1/2 Medium Onion (cut in strips)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 Inch Ginger (minced)
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Cumin seeds or powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/8 tsp Chilli Powder
Couple of Bay Leaf
Salt to taste
- In a hot pan, pour olive oil and add cumin seeds.
- Once they crackle, add ginger, garlic, and onion. Sauté until slightly brown.
- Add bell peppers, stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and all dry spices (or curry powder). Add water and mix well.
- Add ketchup and tofu and let it simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add dry milk and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with rice or naan.
One can substitute dry spices with curry powder.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.