Serving size: 1/4 cup
WW points: 1 pts
1 Spaghetti Squash (2 1/2 cups cooked)
1/2 Cup Tomatoes (chopped)
10 Large Olives (coarsely chopped)
1/4 Cup Onions (chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (minced)
2 Tsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Italian dressing (fat free)
1 Lime (squeezed)
2 Tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation for Spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut 1 Spaghetti Squash length wise into half and scoop the seeds out.
- Place the halves on the cooking sheet with cut side down.
- Pour about 1 cup water around the squash.
- Cook them for about 35 mins.
- After they are done, let them cool before you handle them.
- Once cool, use a fork and scrape the pulp into the bowl.
- Notice, it will come out in strands.
Preparation for dressing
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, italian dressing, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a pan, stir fry onions and garlic.
- Then add tomatoes. Stir until they are heated through.
- In a bowl, place cooked spaghetti squash and top it with onion, garlic, and tomato mixture.
- Then add olives and dressing.
- Mix well and serve it cold.
Use this dish as a side to Italian, Mexican, or Mediterranean entrées.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.