Serving size: 1 patty
WW points: 2 pts
1 1/2 Cup Kale (chopped)
1 Cup carrots (shredded)
4 Medium potatoes (boiled - mashed)
16 oz Garbanzo beans (chopped)
1/2 Cup onions (chopped)
1 1/2 Tbsp All purpose flour or corn starch
2 Tbsp Cilantro (minced)
1 tsp Ginger (minced)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, stir fry onions and garlic, using cooking spray, until they wilt down to about 1/4 cup.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well and divide the mixture into 12 balls.
- Press each ball to form a patty.
- On a flat hot griddle, place the patties and cook until dark brown on both sides about a minute on each side.
- Serve it on a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber or on top of the salad.
- You will get more flavor out of your onions, when they are stir fried to deep dark brown texture.
- Always rinse your canned vegetables or fruits with cold water to drain excess sodium or sugar from it.
If you don’t like your green leafy friends, then you will start loving them now with this healthful and tasty treat. Nutritious and great for lunch or dinner. My kids loved these too. Can make this recipe ahead of time.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.