Serving size: 1/2 Cup
1 Red Bell pepper (cut in strips)
1 Yellow Bell pepper (cut in strips)
1 Green Bell pepper (cut in strips)
1 Cup Onion (cut in strips)
2 Cups Mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 Cup Corn (frozen)
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Olive oil
Cooking spray (as needed)
Salt to taste
- In a large hot skillet, add oil, garlic, and onions. Stir until slightly browned about 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms and stir until slightly browned about 3 mins. Use cooking spray if it is sticking to the skillet.
- Add peppers and corn. Stir until slightly wilted about 5 - 10 mins. Use cooking spray if it is sticking to the skillet.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
- Used balsamic vinegar instead of soya sauce
Vinegar gives this dish a sweet and tangy taste, plus cuts down on sodium.
- Used frozen corn instead of canned corn
Sodium content is high in canned foods.
These fajitas are very low in calories and versatile enough to be used as filling for burritos, quesadillas, pitas, or as a side.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.