Serving size: 1/2 Cup
WW points: 1 pt
2 Medium Russet Potatoes (Peeled and cut into inch cubes)
2 Cup Cauliflower
1/2 Cup Carrots (Peeled and cut into inch cubes)
1/2 Cup Peas (Frozen/Thawed)
1/2 Green Beans (Frozen/Thawed)
1 Inch Ginger (Minced)
1/2 Cup Onion (Chopped)
3 Cups of tomato puree
1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam Masala or All spice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
2 Bay leaves
2 tbsp Cilantro (Finely chopped)
Salt and red chili powder to taste
Cilantro (Finely chopped)
- In a big saucepan, put all vegetables and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Boil on medium heat until easily mashed like for mash potatoes.
- Strain and mash them to a consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In a hot pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, ginger, and onions. (Optional: Use cooking spray as needed, if onion is sticking to the bottom of the pan)
- Stir, until slightly brown, then add tomato puree and all dry spices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on slow heat, then add mashed vegetables and Cilantro. Mix well.
- Cook for additional 15 minutes on slow heat, stirring approx. every 5 minutes.
- Add more water if consistency is not same as mashed potato.
- Garnish with Cilantro. Serve hot on the bun with a side salad and wedge of lemon.
This is a very filling and nutritious meal and can be used as both snack or meal. Please add points separately for the bun.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.