Serving size: 1 Cup
WW points: 2pt
4 Cups canned diced Tomatoes or 4 Pounds Tomatoes
1 Cup Water
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Leek or Spring Onion (Chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
1/2 Cup Fat-ree Evaporated Milk
2 Tbsp Basil/Tulsi (Chopped)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preparation (If using fresh tomatoes)
- Boil the water in a pan, enough to soak the tomatoes.
- Put the tomatoes in the water, turn off the flame. Cover the pan.
- Soak tomatoes in water until the skin of tomatoes starts to crack about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water, let the tomatoes cool, then peel the skin off.
- Mash the tomatoes with masher or blend in blender to form a puree.
- Strain it through the strainer to catch any lumps and seeds.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium flame.
- Add garlic, leek or spring onion, and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes until soft.
- Add canned tomatoes/tomato puree, water, and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in blender or use immersion blender.
- Return the mixture to the pan. Add evaporated milk. Simmer for another minute.
- Mix in basil/tulsi, serve hot.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.