Serving size: 1 Slice
WW points: 3pt
3 1/2 Cups Besan (Chickpea flour)
5 Cups Water (add more if needed)
16 slices Bread (High Fiber - Wheat)
1/2 Inch Ginger (minced)
1/4 Cup Coriander (Chopped)
1/2 tsp Green Chillies (optional - minced)
1/4 tsp Ajwain seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, mix besan, coriander, green chili, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat flat griddle on medium heat.
- Dip one slice of bread in the batter and place it on the skillet. Spray with cooking spray on both sides.
- Heat until both sides of bread are brown.
- Serve with any Chutney or Tomato sauce.
This recipe substitute traditional bread pakora (bread fritters) that are deep fried. This recipe saves you tons of calories by avoiding deep fry, plus it does not substitute the flavors of fritters.
Please let me know how you feel about this recipe, by leaving me your valuable comments.